samedi, janvier 01, 2011

Wednesday, December 8th 16:00 pm, Yekaterinburg

Dear Blog,


It's been a day since I'm in Yekaterinburg and think Yekaterinburg is fabulous. Yesterday night I slept in the Atlantic Hotel for 2.734 Roubles (= 67€). Right now its -10°C outside and I am still freazing, my hands were shaking.


I have eaten at lunch in a restaurant named the Sani which is a peculiar restaurant. In the brochure they say there is a banya (Баня) which is a bathhouse supposedly designed for washing body and soul relaxation. After washing in the banya I ordered a massage and a milk bath. When  finished I tasted a delicious fish soup and Russian kvas(= russian bread based sweet drink) with russian teacakes and a russian torte. Hmm, delicious!!  


Sorry for the quality of the image
And for breakfast I ate bagels and cereal at the hotel.


I visited The Ural State Technical University which is very big and kind of cool. It looks like  the Pantheon in Ancient Rome. I heard that it was the biggest technical institution of higher education in Russia. Its motto is " Brilliance creates work", I think what the motto says is actualy true.


I also visited the Church on Blood which is a Russian Orthodox church built between 2000 and 2003 so it's all new and very nice inside. It is dedicated to the Romanov family because it was built on the site, where the Emperor Nicholas II of Russia and other members of his family were executed.







2 commentaires:

  1. I would not mind a milk bath and a massage for the relaxation of the soul!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. The food sounds delicious. Did the cold or the heat(from the banya) effect your camera?

    RépondreSupprimer