samedi, janvier 08, 2011

Friday, December 10th, 14:00pm, coming near Omsk

Dear Blog,


I'm back on the train now. Now, I need to get to Irkutsk...I'll be there by Sunday. 


I've visited a lot of stuff since my last post but I still slept the Atlantic Hotel. 


































I visited the Ganina Yama which is a forest near Yekaterinburg. It's the forest where a pit was built to secretly throw away the bodies of Nicholas II of Russia and his family when they were murdered on the night of July 17th1918. Seven chapels were later  built at the site, one for each member of the royal family. Each chapel is dedicated  to a particular saint.





I also visited the house of Sevastyanov also known as the House of Trade Unions. It was built by Nikolay Sevastyanov, a rich merchant in Russia. It is a magnificent estate.




I went to the statue of  the founders of Yekaterinburg, vasily Tatishchev and Georg Wilhelm de Gennin. It's situated next to the House of Trade Unions.



Sorry for the quality of the image

I went to eat in the Medvezhya Pad which is a family restaurant where all the dishes are cooked in the traditional Russian way. There is very good atmosphere but it is a bit expensive. I ate wild duck over there but you can also eat wild bear and I also ate a rasberry Pavlova and pickled mushrooms accompanied by a small glass of vodka.

2 commentaires: