mercredi, décembre 29, 2010

Monday, December 6th, 2010, 3:00pm, a little farther from the station of Nizhniy Novgorod

Dear Blog,

I'm still in the train right now enjoying a cup of tea with my friend Diana. We're having a good time talking to each other. She teached me how to write and pronouce words in Russian:


  • Hello! = Привет!
  • May I have a coffee please ? = Могу ли я выпить чашечку кофе, пожалуйста ?
  • Can you help me please = Можете ли вы помочь мне, пожалуйста ?
  • Thank you! = Спасибо !
  • Goodbye! =До свидания !   
She told me that some of the people over there talked English and French so I would probably not have big problems talking. She told about her life living in this country and some facts like the population size: 141,927,297 but evidently because of the low birth rate (12.4/1000 of pop.) and the high mortality rate (14.2/1000 of pop.) the population decreases of 0.5% each year. She also told me that Russia has many economic products such as:

  • Natural ressources : Petroleum, natural gas, timber, furs, etc...
  • Agricultural ressources:Grain, sugar beets, sunflower seeds, meat, dairy products.
  • Industry: automobiles, trucks, trains, agricultural equipment, machine and equipment products, medical and scientific instruments, etc... 
This is quite interesting. I like her a lot, she seems  very concerned about her country and knows fascinating and newsworthy facts on Russia. 

I need to start packing the clothes I unpacked so tomorrow il be ready to start. Diana sais she'll help me pack and then we're going to the Transiberian's restaurant.


Sometimes I look out the window to see beautiful forests, rivers, hills, and firs. I draw pictures with the mist on the window and observe the snow flakes falling as quickly as the train passes. it is a beautiful sight.


1 commentaire:

  1. Your last paragraph is really poetic. Why not try to actually frame it into a poem?

    Why do so many people still speak French in Russia?

    RépondreSupprimer