dimanche, janvier 16, 2011

Friday, December 17th, 5:00pm, Vladivostok

Dear Blog,


I'm finally in Vladivostok, but I have not finished my journey yet, I still have a lot of things to visit. I'm am right now staying in the Primorye Hotel for $99 per night.




Yesterday, I went to visit the Church of Our Lady's Dormition wich is located just under the Golden Horn Bay Bridge. It was built in 1876 by the neighbouring Cathedral of the Dormition as a facility building but later was converted in an Orthodox Church.


I also went to see the Triumphal Arch. It was originally built in 1891 in honor of Tsar Nicholas II but was then blown up by the Communists before being rebuilt in 2003. 






I went to see the Egershel'd lighthouse which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. Although it is not huge and you can't go inside, it is worth a visit. I walked right out to it because the ocean was frozen and I could see the ferries pass by very close to it. 


Well... this is all for now. I'll be writing to you soon. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire