dimanche, janvier 16, 2011

Tuesday, December 21rst, 1:00pm, Beijing (China)

Dear Blog,


I have finished my journey now but I still have things to write about Vladivostok.




While I was not writing I went to see the Mermaid Statue of which I took a picture: 



And I also went to see the monument in the honor of Admiral Makarov, a commander in the Russian Navy and a scientist. His name was also given to one of the biggest icebreakers in the world.

And finally, Saturday I went to eat in the famous restaurant, Nostalgia. As soon as you come through the door you can  see all the paintings and portraits of  ancient tsars, the plush red seats that stand out. I can't remember exactly what I ate there but I can remember I ate a russian cabbage soup, and pelmenies. 


And then I went to the Café Monmartre to get a hot chocolate and a little treat. Mmmh!!

Now you must be wondering why I'm in Beijing. Actually I just wanted to visit a small part of the country so that is why I am here and I have a friend of mine who lives here so I'm staying a few days at her house.

I've finished my blog now so thank you for your attention. ;)

3 commentaires:

  1. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I was asking myself precisely that (Why is she in Beijing) when you provided the answer!

    I loved your choice of pictures and of places to visit. I loved the fact that you visited Moscow before leaving and you chose exactly the types of buildings or monuments which I like to visit on holiday. You had the most delicious meals and, like you, I would have stopped in those old time cafés and restaurants.
    Thanks for the guided tour!
    20/20

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I was impressed with your ability to find such excellent food as well as all the interesting places you visited en route. You would be an interesting person to travel with.

    RépondreSupprimer